There are many methods to hide files or Encrypt them in Windows. But have you ever thought of hiding your files behind an image. Amazing, isn’t it. It is too easy & no one will ever even guess that you have a file hidden behind the image they are looking at. To get started, just follow the following simple steps :
1. Create a folder in your hard drive. Lets name it ‘hidden’ .
2. In this folder, put here the files you want to hide & also the picture (image) behind which you want to hide files.
3. In the above picture, you can see that I have saved three files out of which ‘secret’ & ‘secret2′ are .txt files that I want to hide & ‘logo’ is the jpeg file behind which I want to hide files.
4. Now select both the txt files (‘secret’ & ‘secret2′), right-click on them, and choose the option to add them to a compressed Zip or RAR File. Only select the files you want to hide, not the picture. Name it whatever you want. In my example, I have named it ‘hidden.rar’ .
5. Now comes the fun part. Go to start -> Run & type in cmd & press enter.
6. You will see a black box on your screen (that is the command prompt). Type in it ‘cd hidden’ without the quotes. Now you will get to the hidden folder that you have created.
7. Now write in it the following :
copy /b logo.jpg+hidden.rar secret.jpg
8. Press enter & you will see a message ’1 file(s) copied’ just like in the following picture.
9. Its nearly done now. Close the command prompt & go to the hidden folder that you have earlier created. You will see a new file named image file with the name ‘secret’ & containing the same image as in ‘logo.jpg’ .
8. Right click on this file (‘secret.jpg’) choose open with WinRar or WinZip (depending on in which format you have earlier compressed the files, i.e zip or rar). Now in the WinZip or WinRar dialog box you will be able to see your secret files.
Now you can delete the ‘logo’ image if you wish. Remember to open the ‘secret’ file with WinZip or WinRar & not just by doubleclicking on it as that will open up the image only.
That’s it, Have Fun. Amaze your friends with this trick or use this trick to send secret files to your colleague if its restricted in your office etc.
Hope you Liked the Post.
Join My Awesome Newsletter !!
Get all the tips, tricks and suggestions directly to your inbox and thats too for free..!!